Stop smoking, start living!We can help you 'kick the habit' for good. In fact, you are four times more likely to quit with our help, compared to going 'cold turkey' or going it alone!
So how can you stop smoking?
Nicotine in cigarettes is very addictive which can make it hard to stop. For your best chance of stopping, take these three steps:
- Get help – don't try to go it alone. Live Well Suffolk has trained advisors who can help you every step of the way.
- Plan your quit. Decide on a quit date and stick to it
- Not a puff. Cutting down may feel like a good idea but can make stopping altogether harder.
We hold both one-to-one and group stop smoking sessions throughout the week across Suffolk. Our trained advisors will support you through the hardest part of quitting with tips, advice and nicotine products or other medication on prescription. If you are worried about putting on weight when quitting, we also run free weight management and physical activity courses to support you.
Remember, you are four times more likely to quit with our help – but don't just take our word for it, read our stop-smoking success stories!
Contact us or call on 01473 22 92 92 today!
Nearly one in five adults in Suffolk smoke and approximately half will die from the habit. Smoking can cause your blood vessels to become blocked, giving you more chance of having a heart attack or stroke. Tar produced from smoking also contains over 60 cancer-causing chemicals.
The good news is that the moment you quit, the health benefits kick in straight away!
- After 20 minutes your blood pressure and pulse return to normal
- After 24 hours carbon monoxide has gone from your body
- After 48 hours your ability to taste and smell improves
- After 3 days your breathing is easier and you have more energy
- After 3-9 months coughing and wheezing improves and your lung function increases by 10%
- After 5 years the risk of having a heart attack falls to half that of a smoker
- After 10 years the risk of lung cancer falls to half that of a smoker and risk of heart attack is the same as a non-smoker